Jesus calls his followers to be and to make disciples. This is central to his purpose for the Church.
Westminster bases its men’s discipleship ministry (formerly called SALT) on the model Jesus lives out for us, teaching us to invest our lives in others. Mature and equipped leaders pour their lives into a few men for the purpose of helping them also to grow as mature and equipped leaders who in turn invest in the lives of others. Having the Holy Spirit work in our hearts by and through His Word is our desire, asking Him to transform us more into the image of Jesus as we commit to regular meetings and honest relationships with each other.
During the 2023-24 season, men’s and women’s discipleship ministries for the first time will work through the same biblical study. Tim Keller’s book Jesus the King will guide us through the Gospel of Mark as we grow in our personal understanding of the life and death of the Son of God.
- Each small group decides on the place, day and time of its meetings.
- Some groups will meet on the church campus on Wednesday evenings (6-7:30pm) concurrently with women’s discipleship group meetings.
- A new opportunity for children, called Kingdom Kids, will be available on Wednesday evenings for birth through 5th. See more details
- Fall semester begins the week of September 10 and ends the week of November 26.
- Small groups will follow the pattern of meeting three weeks in a row and taking one week off.
- Leaders are recruiting their small groups now. Let us know if you are interested in joining. We would love to help you get connected to a small group leader. Email Jonathan Taylor at email@example.com.